Monday, February 22, 2010

Be still, and know that I am God...

The definition of heartbroken is as follows:

"Suffering from or exhibiting overwhelming sorrow, grief, or disappointment."

Although that pretty much sums up the feelings of heartache, no amount of words could truly describe it. It's like your normal day feels like it's a marathon...laughter is far and in between...and you don't feel like its possible to ever open yourself up again. The Bible says "even in laughter the heart is sorrowful"- Proverbs 14:13

I'd like to think that after you go through whatever it is that brought you this heavy burden you come out a much stronger and better person.

The only step you can take is the faith method. But not just faith that you will get it right the next time, but knowing-like-you-know that if you have faith as small as a mustard seed nothing could be impossible for you.

I've been praying without ceasing for the past 2 weeks and had a major set back this weekend.

I don't think there ever has been a time where God was speaking to me so clearly in the most quiet voice saying " Go and sin no more." The reason I'm in this grieving process is because I completely placed an idol before God over and over again, and was stupid enough to think that I am smart enough to know what makes me happy.

Galatians 6:7-8 says "Be no deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap live everlasting"

So here I am at the foot of the cross reaping my corruption. I'm asking for forgiveness and praying without ceasing that I'll overcome.

Time...

Ecclesiastes 11:4 "If you wait for perfect conditions, you will never get anything done"

No comments:

Post a Comment